CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Introduction: How do you do?

I just thought I should introduce myself a little bit before I start blogging away.

I am a voracious reader, but lately it has been really hard to concentrate on much more than a fast-paced show. It has really put a damper on my life. Not just because I can't read, but because I've had to drop so many classes and finally I just had to take some time off from college to get everything under control. I've gone to doctors and have pretty much ruled out everything except allergies and depression. I've been taking allergy drops for about six months now and have an appointment to see the doc in just a little over a week to see if everything is working alright. They said it could take up to a year. Also I'm just starting medicine for depression. It's too early to tell right now if it's working but I haven't had any side effects yet, which is a great sign. Especially because the medicine I tried right before it did not work whatsoever and left me with several serious side effects. Unfortunately I've had problems concentrating for about a year now and didn't get diagnosed until January. It's the kind of depression where I don't feel depressed. I've never had that before so it was kind of a downer. Literally. LoL

I can be sarcastic, witty, moody, snarky, nice, fun, boring and all of that. Which, now that I think of it, is pretty much like most people.

I love my cats and the two closest to me passed away on September 15 and December 15, 2007. They were mother and daughter. Sati (pronounced Say-tee) was a stray who came to the back deck pregnant. Of course she didn't show at the time and two months later she had her kittens. I think she might have been nine or ten when she died, but that's just a guess. B'Elanna (Buh-lanna) was only seven when she followed her mother to Rainbow Bridge. She died in the midst of playing of a coronary embellism (sp?). Both were very unexpected deaths and hit me hard. I still miss them and it is very hard at times to know they're gone.

Sati is the Tuxedo cutie and Lanna is the black beauty

0 comments: