CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Book Review - Kiss Me Forever (Walk in Moonlight) by Rosemary Laurey

Book Description
HE'S HOT. HE'S SEXY. HE'S ROMANTIC. HE'S IMMORTAL.

If there is one thing Dixie LePage does not need in her life, it's complications. And the man sitting across the table from her in a crowded English pub, the one offering to buy the library of her inherited estate in a small English village, is a major complication. For starters, there's the broad shoulders. The slightly amused smirk. That smoldering look that makes it impossible to concentrate. And that infuriating, old-fashioned, and well, okay, incredibly appealing sense of chivalry. No doubt about it, the guy is hot and sexy.

Of course, there is one wee little problem: He claims to be a vampire named Christopher Marlowe, as in THE Christophe Marlowe, famous playwright, contemporary of Will Shakespeare. Right. Amend that to hot, sexy, and totally insane. Please see "no more complications." So why can't Dixie seem to resist the warmth of Christopher's charm, the protective feel of his strong hands, or the tempting pull of his full mouth when the sun goes down . . . ?

***
March 7
(This review is only for the first romance)

Kiss Me Forever
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Being as I am fascinated by the mystery of Christopher Marlowe and love vampires, it was the perfect book for me. Kit was to die for and is now one of my fave vamps of all time. Dixie was a smart heroine, which was nice, without being a Mary Sue. The humor was right up my alley and I just loved almost everything about it.

I only have a few minor quibbles - some editing, a bit of the plot seemed to change around the 290 page mark (but it kinda makes sense), and the remark that Ohio doesn't have that much sun. Seeing how the author lives in Ohio, I don't get how she could write that. We have some killer sunlight, especially in the summer, and it makes no sense to me whatsoever. No biggie, but it boggled my mind anyway, and gave me a bit of a chuckle. LoL

Still, overall it was a great, intelligent paranormal romance that while keeping 'typical' vampire characteristics, still made them fresh and innovative. A wonderful read with terrific characters! I cannot wait to get to Tom and Justin's stories.

4.5/5 stars

0 comments: