CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Book Review - Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book Three) by Patricia Briggs

Book Description
When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.

***
March 24

Iron Kissed was just as good as the previous books in the Mercy Thompson series, if not better. Since I've been reading a lot of urban fantasy-type books lately, I have to admit to a bit of confusion at the beginning in remembering this world and the characters. Luckily most of it came back and I was able clear everything up. I was worried going into Iron Kissed, with the love triangle and was so happy when Mercy finally chose someone, as opposed to dilly-dallying for the next few books. I don't mind the romance angle, but I can get sick of everyone falling in love/lust/or whatever with the main character (even if Mercy kicks-major-youknowwhat!) in this genre of book(s). If only I could be so lucky. LoL Only in fiction. Anyways, the ending did disturb me and turn my stomach, which is a credit to the author, but it really added an element of realism to the book and especially to Mercy's character. I hope to see Mercy stronger than ever in the next book. Can't wait for it!

5/5 stars

***

Book Description
Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

***
September 9, 2007

For some reason I didn't review Blood Bound, but I know I loved it, as I have the other two.

5/5 stars

***

Book Description
Mercy Thompson's life is not exactly normal. Her next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a VW bus for a vampire. But then, Mercy isn't exactly normal herself.

***
September 1, 2007

What a great, great book! I loved this from start to finish, even if I was confused in the beginning, what with all the species and their codes of conduct and all. Mercy was a very put together character; not too weak and not too strong to be unbelieveable. While I do wish that authors in this genre would quit with the multiple love interests, I do think Patricia Briggs managed it quite well, and I look forward to those developments (although I'm partial to Adam myself :P). I've already ordered Blood Bound from the library, and I just can't wait to get my greedy little hands on it and other future installments! :)

5/5 stars

0 comments: