CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Book Review - Sex, Lies And Vampires (The Dark Ones, Book Three) by Katie MacAlister


Book Description

CHARM SCHOOL 101


Instructors: Nell Harris, Charmer
Adrian Tomas, Dark One

Class Desc.: Are you responsible for lifting a centuries-old curse from the sexiest vampire you've ever seen? Does a demon lord want to destroy you? Have you somehow inadvertently bound several mummies to your soul? If you answered yes ... well, you're in big trouble. Let us show you how the power of love can salvage even the worst of situations ... not to mention the most tormented of men.

Duration: A lifetime

***

November 7

Definitely my favorite of the series thus far. Nell was a practical, yet stubborn and light-hearted match for the tortured (and nummy LoL) Adrian. Sex, Lies, and Vampires is a slightly more serious entry into The Dark Ones series. Seems to me that Katie MacAlister's writing has gotten better through the years (as one would hope) and I hope to see more Dark Ones in the future! She's the only one that could have thought up Mummy followers. LoL :P I love the zaniness and cheesiness, along with more serious moments within the romance. The only gripe I have is that I have no clue what Nell looks like. Besides her left side being either weak or slackened, the only other clue is that she's tall(ish). I do like to have a picture in my head as I read. Oh well, I'll live. :)

5/5 stars

0 comments: