CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Book Review - Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, Book 2) by Alexis Morgan


Book Description

Alexis Morgan continues her dazzling paranormal series about larger-than-life warriors and the women they love....

As a Paladin warrior, Blake Trahern fights and dies again and again to keep mankind safe from the Others. Sensing his humanity slipping away with each battle, he retreats from the world...until the one person who still has a claim on his soul needs his help. It's been twelve years since Blake vanished from Brenna Nichols's life, years that have turned her from a love-struck teen into a headstrong, sensual woman. He'll fearlessly give his life to protect her -- yet he dare not risk his heart.

Brenna is stunned by Blake's reappearance, and by a shocking discovery about her father. Everything she has ever believed is thrown into question -- everything except the desire that Blake still ignites. But as they search together for a traitor among the Paladins, danger looms: the next battle could tip Blake into madness, destroying his life, his soul...and the only woman he has ever loved.

***

June 21

I enjoyed this book even more than the last in the Paladin series. Everything was fleshed out more and there weren't as many spots that needed some editing.

I loved Blake, he was wonderful, and I liked Brenna too, after she got over her having to argue over every little thing in the beginning of the book. I get that people grieve differently and it took her a time for the death of her father to hit her, but I do not like romances where the heroine argues against everything the hero asks (or sometimes demands) she do, especially when it's for her own good - you know like living. I actually felt their love for each other in the book, where Dark Protector was lacking, and I liked how there was more background on the Paladins, so the book was wholly enjoyable.

The end was nicely done without being too sappy, and I ended up reading the excerpt at the back for the next book, which I cannot wait to read! I hadn't looked up the books at all and didn't know Barak was getting his own book (and then Cullen, yay!). It's going to be hard for me to wait, but I don't have the money to get either of those books (poor me :P) right now. I guess I'll just have to impatiently wait with other paranormal romances.

4.5 stars

0 comments: